1 lb bacon, diced
3 stalks of celery, sliced
1 large onion, small dice
1 clove of garlic, minced
5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 T season salt (I use Lawry’s)
1 tsp black pepper
4 c chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup heavy cream
½ c whole milk
Garnish: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, diced green onion, bacon crumbles, croutons
- Chop bacon into small bits
- Fry the bacon in the Instant Pot on “SAUTE” on “HIGH“
- Add onion, garlic, and celery to fried bacon and bacon grease, saute for 2-3 minutes
- CANCEL SAUTE
- Add season salt and black pepper, stir to combine
- Add potatoes and stock to instant pot, stirring to coat
- Secure lid and set to MANUAL for 5 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, press CANCEL.
- Use the QUICK RELEASE.
- When the release is complete, open the lid and use a potato masher or fork to break the potatoes up.
- Stir in cream and milk. Feel free to add more of either to taste.
OPTIONAL: at this point I use an immersion blender to puree my soup into a velvety texture.
- Serve with the garnishes.