Sometimes the hardest part about leading a book club is getting the conversation going. While every book will have its own relevant questions and topics for discussion, it is nice to have a cheat sheet you can consult when the conversation dries up. Here are a dozen of my favorites:
- What did you like most about this book?
- What did you like least about this book?
- Does this one remind you of any other books? If so, how or why?
- How does this book compare to other books by the same author?
- Do you think this is (or will be) a classic? If so, why?
- Are these characters believable?
- If you could ask the author one question about this book, what would it be?
- Which character are you most similar to?
- How would this book be different if told from the point of view of another character?
- How did the pace of the story feel to you?
- Does the ending resolve properly?
- How does your faith affect how you read this book?
I have these questions on an index card which I have laminated and stuck into my book club bag.